Golden Princess Lilies

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Time Waits For No Man Or Woman...But Time Stood Still On September 11, 2001...

I originally posted this blog entry on September 10, 2010, and it is no longer visable in this online blog. When I originally wrote this entry I cried...that's how deeply I was affected by what transpired back in New York, on September 11, 2001.

Following is my blog entry in honor of those, who lost their lives on September 11, 2001.

Today is September 10, 2010, tomorrow is September 11 the anniversary date of the most horrific event I have ever witnessed in my entire life. I found myself thinking today of an old phrase; “Time waits for no one,” when I was a youngster that phrase was rewritten and sung in a song by Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones musical group;

“And time waits for no man, and it won't wait for me
Yes, time waits for no one, and it won't wait for me


I witnessed nine eleven via my television from the comfort of my home, which only adds to the horror of what I saw that day. Here I was safe, far away from the suffering, the crushing, fiery deaths of so many of my fellow Americans, and all I could do was stare wide eyed, in disbelief at my television set.
Time stood still for me that day.

I remember that day here in California going out in my car to take care of necessary things I had to do, and leaving my car’s head lights on in the bright sun light to show my feeling of oneness with all the other drivers, who also had their car head lights on that day. We all acted as one to show our comradeship with each other, and our comradeship with those fellow Americans who lost their lives in New York City and Washington D.C. that day on September 11, 2001.

Time was suspended, it seemed that time did wait that day, not just for me but for all Americans that day; it was like the Earth had stopped spinning around our Sun. Here in California we were all like Zombies moving about not thinking about our own problems that day but instead thinking of those people three thousand miles away on the East Coast of our country, who were destroyed by the senseless acts of so few uncaring individuals, who had no regard for the gift of life that our Lord has given to all of us here on Earth.

I will never forget what I saw that day, and I don’t want to forget what I saw.
History is a lesson for those of us who live through it to survive, and history should never be forgotten because as soon as we forget history, it will come back on us, and hit us smack dab between our eyes, again!
Do not forget!

God Bless all who suffered on September 11, 2001. God Bless all who survived, and are still suffering from injuries sustained from the rescue efforts made on that day.
God Bless all of us who remember, and still sit quietly remembering that day, shedding tears over what we witnessed from so far away.
God Bless all of those, who were in New York City and Washington D.C. on that fateful day, who still remember.

As long as God is with us we will not allow this to happen to us again; we will not allow time to stand still for us again, here on our Earth!

Thanks for reading,

Carol Garnier Dutra

Time Waits For No Man Or Woman...But Time Stood Still On September 11, 2001 was re-published in The Colorado Lookout for October 2010. The Colorado Lookout is the official publication of the U.S.S. Colorado Alumni Association Inc.

Copyright © 2010/2011 by Carol Garnier Dutra
.

No comments:

Post a Comment